We’ve been blogging about sex and marriage for one year now! Over the past year our passion to see marriages grow stronger has only increased, and we look forward to writing for years to come. That said, some of our greatest memories over the past year didn’t come from our writing, but from opportunities to speak in public. Two of our pastor friends each invited us to speak at “Marriage Works” events, and these opportunities only whet our appetite for more speaking opportunities in the future. We can’t wait to see what God has in store for us in the years to come!
But to focus on the blog, we thought it would be most appropriate to show what our top posts have been over the past year. For good measure, we each took the opportunity to write our top 5 favorite posts as well.
Here are our top posts for 2012
Top 5 Most Read Posts:
1. Sex Positive Voices – Top 10 reasons Megan loves sex and regularly chooses to speak up about it
2. Unlocking…Your Bedroom Door – What you think about sex matters.
3. “The Meaning of Marriage” Study Guide – We love Timothy Keller’s book The Meaning of Marriage and led a group through the book. This is the study we wrote to accompany the book.
4. Sex Positive Voices: Part Two – Justin’s take on loving sex and speaking boldly about it.
5. “Go-to” Sex Positions – Apparently “sex positions” is a high google search term that regularly brings people to our sight. Ha!
Megan’s Top 5 Favorites:
1. Curb Appeal: 5 Ways to Make Your Marriage Attractive – Simple but foundational marriage advice.
2. Better Than a Magazine: – People often think that they have to be crazy or kinky to have a satisfying and exciting sex life. Rubbish! Being creative with the five senses goes a long way in the bedroom. (This is only 1 post of a 5 part series.)
3. Sex Drives: Increasing Libido: Some very practical advice for someone who may need incentive to make an effort in their love life.
4. Marriage Challenge: Sexual Nostalgia – I love the basis of this post and want to write about this phrase I coined in more depth soon.
5. Demystifying Orgasm: Women – This post does not cover everything about women and orgasm but it sure is a good place to start.
Justin’s Top 5 Favorites:
1. Unmet Expectations: Introduction – This is just the introduction to a series on Unmet Expectations. Truthfully, I’m not sure I’m finished with this series just yet. There are many more Unmet Expectations that can be added to the list. Still, this is a great starting point to the series.
2. The Great Divide in Sex Initiation: How to Initiate – Don’t wait for your spouse to dictate when it’s time to connect. Be sure you take opportunities to initiate as well. And be creative!
3. The Pain of Past Sexual Experiences – This, too, is the introduction to a very short series on a very difficult subject. The number of marriages that suffer due to thoughts from their past (or their spouses past) is far too high.
4. On Rocks and Sex – Marriage requires communication! But many couples don’t communicate regularly about their sex life.
5. How To Shower: Men vs. Women – In all honesty, we didn’t write this one! But it’s just too funny to not include on this list!
As we said, we look forward to writing more about marriage in the years to come. Due to our desire to continue writing, be looking for some changes to come on the Do Not Disturb blog soon. We’re going to (finally) secure our own web address and perhaps make some visual changes as well. Thanks so much for your continued support! Oh, and remember to have some fun in the bedroom.