Last year I (Megan) made it my goal to appreciate and love Justin with my words. Words of affirmation are his highest love language and I wanted to speak it better. Being that flattery, flowery words, weekly love letters and poetry are not really my thing I looked for a practical way to fill his love tank. Enter: free printable + photo frame + dry erase marker.
For the past several months I have been writing out reasons I love my man and he loves it! Of course there are times when I forget to change it for a week and there was a time this summer that I didn’t keep up with it for a month+, but in general it has been a great way to appreciate him and love him in a way that is meaningful to him.
Being that I am definitely a Happy Wife, I am joining the Happy Wives Club today by sharing 10 reasons I love my husband.
Justin, I Love You Because…
1. You are a faithful follower of Your Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
2. You provide for our family, emotionally, spiritually and financially.
3. You serve me on a daily basis.
4. You are thoughtful to spend time talking with me each day.
5. You never fail to follow through when I ask you to do something for me.
6. You are a confident and generous lover. (Come on, it is a sex blog people!)
7. You take good care of yourself.
8. You never complain about my culinary skills and new recipes.
9. You know how to leave work at work and make time for me and our kids.
10. I love you because you are you!
I find that as a wife it’s easy to come up with way more than 10 reasons I love my husband. I love him so much more now than the day we got married. But in the midst of all the reasons I love my husband I
want NEED him to know that I Love HIM. There are so many reasons I’ve listed and so many not written, but what if those things all changed? If my husband encountered an accident that changed our sex life, would I love him any less? If He went through a crisis of faith or we came upon financial hardship would my love for him dissolve? Many marriage encounter these exact things. Changes and experiences that rock their love for one another. It’s at times like this that I pray we will all learn to love on a supernatural level, beyond and despite all the reasons we could list. I will never love perfectly. But I know My God does! When I trust Him to love my husband in ways I cannot and when I trust that He will teach me to love my husband the best I can, I can rest knowing that my husband is indeed well loved.
If you know little of what unconditional love is like or you need a good reminder, I would encourage you to listen to the words of this song. You are loved.